Robots in the home
1 . Critical cartoons
A. Warm up
Work with partner or in small group. Discuss the question below.
1. How many electronic devices have you used in the past 24 hours? Lost them.
2. What activities do robots do today? What other things would you like them to do? 3. Are there certain things we should always do for ourselves? What? Why?
1. I used at least in 24 hours using 3 electronics like ; laptop, fan, smartphone.
2. What robots do today in this day, like smartphone, for communication dan news.
3. Robots shoulds never, help us to pray and to do sport.
Why, because the first pray, is dust only communicate between you and god. And then you just get more healty, it you do by yourself.
2. Core vocabulary
A. Scanning and skimming
1. Find and underline the keywords in the text. The first one is done for you. Try to guess their meanings.
1. Adopt : legally aan abbadont child to own’s hand.
2. Effort : Work, attempt, strain, achievement, struggle
3. Aid : help to do something for someone
4. Force : Push, enforce, demand, require, constrain, impel,
5. Career : to do what humans expert and get salary.
6. Oppose : defy, resist, counter, confront
7. Code : a system of signals used to ask.
8. Potential : has abisity to do something.
9. Doubt : Hestitation, question, skepticism, indecision,
10. Serve : Act, function, work
Living with Robots
Movies about the future, robots often feature in the home. In some movies, they serve the family by doing Housework. In other movies, they may even take the place of family members, acting as lovers or children. But will robots really aid us in our daily tasks in the future? Will people adopt them as their own children?
As with any new technology, some people will oppose robots just because they are new. These people will try to force their opinions on us. They will says, “it is important that we make efforts ourselves. If we don’t do our own work, we will become like small children.” Others want robots to serve them. They will argue that this gives us the potential to do more by freeing us from small daily jobs. People will then be able to spend more time on their careers and less on house work. And those who like to enjoy themselves will also have more time for doing fun things.
The potential of robots as family members is more in doubt because robots are only moving computers. A computer code that tells a robot to act like a child is much more difficult to write than one that instructs a robot wash the dishes. Perhaps the family member most likely to be a robot is the family pet! In fact, a number of companies are already making different kinds of robots pets. Is the future already here?
2 . Read the statements below, which best summarizes the text? Circle A, B, or C
B. in the future, robots will help us in the home and might also be considered family members.
Wassalam’mualaikum Wr. Wb.
That is all and thank you.